Human activity is threatening the health of the environment and jeopardising our future. At Crown Oil Environmental, we realise that climate change is a serious problem that affects us all therefore, as a business, we are truly committed to implementing solutions to make positive global changes.
We recognise that our own operations have an effect on the local, regional and global environment due to the very nature of our business. As a consequence, we continuously improve our own environmental performance and decrease our carbon footprint utilising a range of green solutions.
Our directors and managers participated in defining our environmental action plan by setting realistic objectives and targets.
Our first aim is to incorporate the following features, which focus on our direct emissions, reducing our carbon footprint:
- using energy-saving light bulbs and energy-efficient equipment
- using electronic communications to reduce paper consumption (e.g. online billing, e-mail, e-statements, direct debit, etc.)
- allowing staff to work from home avoiding the need to travel and to heat and light offices
- using public transport whenever possible
- using teleconferencing facilities when possible to avoid the need to travel to meetings
- using recycled paper
- minimising the amount of waste through reduction, recovery and recycling
- recycling waste paper, print cartridges, electronic equipment and kitchen waste to eliminate methane production in landfill
- regularly servicing and maintaining all of our vans, lorries and tankers to ensure optimum fuel efficiency
- encouraging our clients to purchase in bulk along with neighbours to save fuel on multiple deliveries to one location and decrease our CO2 emissions
- training all employees on environmental issues to ensure full participation
Although all sensible CO2 reduction steps are taken, it is impossible for us (and most other people and businesses) to completely eliminate our carbon footprint.
Therefore, our second aim is to develop an offset strategy by purchasing high quality offset credits for those CO2 emissions we cannot reduce. The intention of these credits is to reduce emissions somewhere else in the world by investing into projects or technologies that actively help to reduce global CO2 levels.
Please remember, Crown Oil Environmental as one organisation cannot achieve sustainable development alone, we must all contribute together towards making a difference and achieving environmental sustainability.
Spread the green message and recommend a friend or colleague to Crown Oil Environmental.